Big Tree | Sceletium Capsules (60)
Big Tree‘s Sceletium Capsules (60 vegetarian capsules) are a traditional African mood tonic.
- Sceletium has a long history of use in African Traditional Medicine
- Elevates mood, acts as a natural anti-depressant and decreases anxiety, stress and tension
- Also useful as a drug & alcohol withdrawal aid. Sceletium is known to reduce addictive cravings particularly with regard to nicotine and also lessens the withdrawal effects of alcohol and other addictive drugs
- Enhances the immune response and acts as an adaptogen (similar in action to the Chinese herb Astragalus membranaceous)
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly (veggie capsule)
- Free of corn, yeast, wheat, soy, salt, sugar and dairy products and formulated without preservatives, artificial colours or flavours.
BigTree Sceletium Capsules contain only: 100% pure Sceletium tortuosum 100mg
Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, Silicone dioxide, Magnesium Stearate
Directions for use
Dosage: take 1 capsule twice daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications and Side Effects
Although there have been no confirmed reports of drug interactions, the neuro-receptor activities of Sceletium suggest that there may be interactions with other psychiatric medications and cardiac drugs. People taking any psychiatric drugs (including all anti-anxiety drugs, sedatives, hypnotics, anti-psychotics and antidepressants, including MAO inhibitors, and particularly SSRI’s) are advised to not take Sceletium-containing products.
Please consult your health care professional before replacing any pharmaceutical antidepressant with Sceletium. When used at the recommended dose there are no documented side-effects. In large doses Sceletium can cause euphoria, but this is easily managed by reducing the dose. Do not use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Note: Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or worsen.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.